- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with transport planning experience to join a leading consultancy in Southampton as a Transport Planner.
Qualifications, Skills &Experience
- Degree level qualification in relevant area (geography/planning etc.)
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance & awareness of relevant local planning policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to respond efficiently to demands at a high standard
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritise workload, work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Lead and manage small - medium sized projects, including budget and time management, delegating where appropriate
- Occasional management of large projects where appropriate in absence of senior staff and occasional training/advice to other staff
- Write and occasionally check Transport Assessments/Statements, Technical Notes, Travel Plans, Access Appraisals etc.
- Good understanding of modelling packages, and methodologies to calculate trip generation and distributions
- Ability to complete planning drawings such as Visibility Splays, Tracking Diagrams etc.
- Undertake site visits independently and provide professional opinions accordingly, particularly to inform scheme development at early stages of projects
- Attendance at Public Consultation events, project team/client meetings, appeal meetings & Local Highway Authority meetings
- Preparation of Appeal documentation such as Statement of Case & Statement of Common Ground
- Client liaison & management
- Development of good personal and company working relationships with architects/planners/local highways officers
- Identify opportunities at all times to market the company and our services to existing and potential clients
- Understand the company services, market sectors, specialisms, procedures and processes
- Being able to discuss requirements with potential clients, identifying areas of concern and writing fee proposals to respond to these demands
- Provide occasional free advice and professional judgement/opinions where appropriate
- Work with others to deliver identified marketing initiatives & represent the company at external meetings/events with clients
- Assist in building effective relationships with Clients and architects/planners etc. through repeat business and events
- Manage colleagues with marketing the business, including Client satisfaction and maintenance of quality in respect of all business development activity
- Have a pleasant and courteous disposition
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Disciplined, well organised and conscientious
- Promote and respect the principles of confidentiality
- Be skilled interfacing with people (Staff and Clients alike)
- Set an example to all staff by demonstrating compliance with the company's policies and procedures and operate within the company controls and QMS
- Carry out tasks and duties assigned in a positive and dignified manner
- Act with honesty, integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards regarding company business both in and out of the workplace
- Be an effective participant at meetings
- Look to solve problems
- Work effectively, efficiently and accurately
- Be adaptable in carrying out functions on behalf of the company
- Be well organised
- Be willing to go the extra mile to ensure task completion
- Have good communication skills and commitment to developing good communication and positive working relationships with colleagues and clients alike
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- UK government commits to £22 million Construction Skills Fund
To meet the growing demand for construction professionals, the UK government has invested £22 million in a Construction Skil...