- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Diagnostic Control Engineer
An exciting long-term contract opportunity has arisen to join a leading Automotive Consultancy. Successful candidates will have proven Engine Management, Diagnostic Systems and embedded software and systems development experience.
The successful candidate would become part of a larger project team responsible for the delivery of complete transmission control system and software for a production automatic transmission developed for a large OEM.
More specifically they will be responsible for leading the tasks related to the delivery of the Diagnostic System in order to comply with customer requirements and industry standards, supervising a small team of engineers.
The specific responsibilities will be:
- Translate customer and legal requirements for the diagnostic system into detailed software requirements (UML, text etc) in order for them to be implemented by software developers or external suppliers.
- Maintain traceability between test results and customer requirements, with the help of the requirement management tool and using systems engineering principles (FMEA, FTA, Use case coverage etc)
- Communicate progress on a regular basis, producing flash reports and explaining deliverables, to both internal stakeholders (project management team) and external ones (customers)
- Help colleagues complete their tasks and act as the subject matter expert on the diagnostic system.
Experience and desired skills:
- AUTOSAR System desk and developing AUTOSAR SWC's
- Development of embedded software for production ECU's, following ASPICE process and model based design for code generation, preferably DSPACE Targetlink
- Familiarity with Bosch engine management and the DSM module in particular
- Systems engineering (UML etc) and requirement management tools (Polarion etc)
- Project and issue management in a software development context, preferably with Redmine and AGILE methods.
- Familiarity with the following standards:
- OBD regulations (Title 13, California Code Regulations, Section 1968.2)
- ISO 15031 and ISO 15765 regarding Communication with diagnostic tester for emissions related purposes
- ISO 14229 Unified Diagnostic Service communication standard
- ISO 26262 Functional safety process
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems