- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Lead Control Systems Engineer
My client, a leading engineering company, are recruiting for a Lead Controls Engineer to join their busy team in New Malden to work on Marine Defence projects.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO GAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE AND MUST BE SOLE BRITISH NATIONALS
This role will be predominantly office based and will allow you to work on varied and innovative projects using the latest industrial controls technology to design platform management systems to specific customer requirements.
Working with internal and external contacts you will:
- Be the Lead engineer for an in-service modification programme capturing requirements, leading design and test tasks - Elicit Requirements and Incorporate into Design Specifications
- Oversee Development and Testing
- Produce detailed technical documentation
- Be in primarily a desk based role but travel to customer sites in the UK when required
- Work flexibly within a team environment, as well as independently
- Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
Salary and Package:
- £40K-£50K depending on experience
- Flexible working and "compressed" weeks
- BUPA Healthcare
- 20-25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff restaurant
What makes this a good opportunity?
- Excellent career progression - hard work is recognised and rewarded by technical or management career routes - "Family" atmosphere - real emphasis on team work and support
- Social Events on a regular basis - Charity Walks, Bake Offs, Pub Fridays
- Project Variety - clients are wide ranging and you will be working on something different all the time
- Challenging - using the latest controls technology you need to come up with innovative solutions from cradle to grave
Who are we looking for?
We are keen to hear from candidates with a range of controls systems design experience across PLC, SCADA Systems and HMI - any systems knowledge will be considered.
Design experience is key and you must be able to demonstrate software skills and ability to write programmes from scratch.
Important Personal Skills:
- Team player
- Proven communication skills across a range of people
- Ability to demonstrate individual involvement within projects previously worked on
- Willingness to learn and be a "self-starter"
- Passionate about Engineering and Innovation!
Interviews will be taking place in the next few weeks so please submit your CV and application to us as soon as possible
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.