- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Chassis Engineer
Ricardo is a leading global multi-industry engineering provider of technology, product innovation and strategic consulting. They are looking for a Chassis Engineer to join the Vehicle Engineering team in Leamington Spa.
Their vehicle engineering capabilities extend from quick turnaround concept design and demonstrator vehicle builds, through to turnkey volume passenger car programmes, including full production design, prototype build, development and release responsibility. As Senior Chassis Engineer, you will have experience in the initial concept design and development of Chassis subframes for a new vehicle platform
- Lead the successful delivery of subframe and structural design to meet program-specific targets including functional performance, quality, cost, weight and timing
- Effective management of tier 1 suppliers to develop components capable of meeting all technical requirements and achieving program gateway deliverables
- Liaise with Ricardo CAD designers, CAE and NVH engineers to support component design/packaging activities and attribute development
- Understand customer manufacturing requirements providing a timely and effective resolution to any issues arising during prototype build events and vehicle testing (on-site if necessary)
- Ensure compliance with all standards including customer and legislative requirements
- Responsibility for Design Verification (DV) planning and to manage DV delivery
- Maintain and update key project related documentation such as bill of material, dFMEA's, problem tracking database, engineering specifications, etc.
- Conduct benchmarking activities to keep abreast of industry trends and best practices
The ideal candidate will:
Have proven experience of delivering chassis subframes or similar structural components from concept to production within an OEM or tier 1 organisation
Have a degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
Possess good understanding of chassis component attributes, service implications, manufacturing and assembly requirements
A good knowledge of rig validation methods and vehicle structural testing
Understand what influence suspension component design has upon the overall dynamic behavior of the vehicle
Have a good all-round engineering knowledge, i.e. material selection, tolerancing, FEA analysis, component manufacturing processes, quality control, etc.
Experience of other chassis systems/components at concept level is an advantage
Be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.