- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Research and Development Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a R&D Engineer to work for our aerospace client specialising in Composites.
In this exciting role, as a Research and Development Engineer you will be fundamental to the development of new composite products and processes in a highly challenging and fast-paced environment. You will bring new products to our customers helping to move the world forward. The role is critical to delivering technology and manufacturing readiness to support the strategic growth timing. It offers the engineer the opportunity to learn cutting edge composite design and manufacturing techniques and develop design solutions that will be deployed on existing and future aircraft platforms. One exciting project kicking off in early 2018 is the Wing of Tomorrow program, a UK government funded program developing new composite technologies and manufacturing methods for the next generation of Airbus aircraft.
In this role you will:
- Be fundamental in the design, development and analysis of novel structural composite components.
- Implement design validation activities using first principle calculations and Finite Element Analysis
- Author design tools based on development project findings
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings
- Carry out testing to interrogate and validate component performance and material properties
- Develop new, novel and update current manufacturing processes
- Provide reports and documentation necessary to demonstrate product technology and manufacturing progression
- Clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks in hand
You will bring to the role:
- Energy and drive, you will be resilient acting in a tenacious way when required
- You are a confident and compelling speaker who can build strong working relationships working as part of a team or independently
- You are highly self- motivated, driven & focused on results with a concern for accuracy
- You enjoy multitasking whilst being organised & structured.
- Experience of Mechanical Engineering or in similar areas such as Aerospace Engineering or Automotive Engineering (bachelor's degree preferable)
- Ability to analyse and solve new engineering problems using first principles
- Excellent grounding in solid mechanics, stress analysis and material science
- Willing to take hands-on approach to developing components, manufacturing processes and testing methods
- Clear open two-way communication skills
- Knowledge of composite materials desirable, willingness to learn essential
- Willing to work in both office based and workshop based environments
- Fit the dynamic and enthusiastic culture and flexible with working hours
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?