- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Research and Development Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a R&D Engineer with experinece working on testing. Ideally testing of composite materials.
In this exciting role, as a Research and Development Engineer you will be fundamental to the development of new composite products and processes in a highly challenging and fast-paced environment. You will bring new products to our customers helping to move the world forward. The role is critical to delivering technology and manufacturing readiness to support the strategic growth timing. It offers the engineer the opportunity to learn cutting edge composite design and manufacturing techniques and develop design solutions that will be deployed on existing and future aircraft platforms. One exciting project is kicking off in early 2018 is the Wing of Tomorrow program, a UK government funded program developing new composite technologies and manufacturing methods for the next generation of Airbus aircraft.
In this role you will:
- Be fundamental in the development of novel structural composite components
- Carry out testing to interrogate and validate component and material performance
- Develop new, novel and update current manufacturing processes
- Implement design validation activities using first principle calculations
- Author design and manufacturing tools based on development project findings
- Create detailed CAD models and drawings
- Provide reports and documentation necessary to demonstrate product technology and manufacturing progression
- Clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks in hand
Job holder requirements:
- Degree qualified to masters or Phd level in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong background in material science
- Excellent knowledge of Polymer Matrix Composite to include different types of matrices, fibres and manufacturing techniques
- Proficient in the use of test methods for composite material and component characterization
- Good grounding in solid mechanics, and stress analysis from first principles
- Proven hands-on approach to developing components, manufacturing processes and testing methods
- Clear open two-way communication skills
- Willing to work in both office based and workshop based environments
- Fit the dynamic and enthusiastic culture and flexible with working hours
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...