- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Team Leader
Our client are a major aerospace business seeking an experience Hardware Engineer with team leadership capabilities to join them in theor Christchurch offices.
As a Hardware Team Leader, you would lead a team of skilled and experienced Hardware Engineers who work on projects related to Air Data Computer technology. Here in Bournemouth, we design and manufacture cockpit voice and data flight recorders as well as air data computers and ice detectors. Our Air Data Computers have the world's highest specification pressure sensors while operating in an aircraft environment.
You would lead the team to success by using the latest safety critical microcontroller technology to generate airspeed and altitude output signals. The Air Data Computer supplies primary airspeed and altitude data to other aircraft systems including pilot instruments, autopilots, flight management systems and many others. You would also be working with Ice Detector technology targeted at helicopters and used to control helicopter deicing systems. Ice Detectors include various heater control systems and hot compressed air handling to keep the detector deiced. Various technical challenges are presented by the optical detection method, which has to operate outside the aircraft.
Our Ice Detector and Air Data Computer developments require the full rigor of a level A design process. Your natural ability to lead a team, bring people on side and prioritise work in addition to your technical abilities mean you will do well in this role.
- The Hardware Team Leader is responsible for the management of the Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical and Qualification Team within an Integrated Product Team structure.
- Experience in embedded digital and analogue design within an aerospace / automotive / medical / safety-critical environment
- Demonstrated high performance and achievement in leadership and management of engineering teams through a full product development life cycle (including system design, development, integration, test, verification).
- Familiar with small Microprocessor and microcontroller systems.
- Familiar with Schematic design using ORCAD or similar package.
- Familiar with Op Amp level analogue & DC-DC PSU design.
- Design for EMC.
- Familiar with FPGA design and simulation in VHDL.
- Experience of working with DO-254 and ARP4754.
- Experience of working with DO-160 would be beneficial.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.