- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Testers & Test Rig Mechanical Fitters x4
I am actively seeking x2 Testers & x2 Test Rig Mechanical Fitters for immediate start with my Aerospace client in Titchfield.
The x2 Testers are currently approved until 30th June 2018 and x1 Fitter is approved until the 31st March with the other Fitter approved until 30th April 2018.
We need these for 777-9 program and would be aligned with skill sets of Test Rig Mechanical Fitters to carry out mechanical and electrical test activities.
The successful candidates will need:
- Computer skills in line with the requirements for controlling test bay installations.
- To advise and be capable of assisting in the development, manufacture and assembly of test rig hardware and to be capable of advising engineers of product and process related issues.
- To fault find on test issues and provide feedback to engineering.
- Organise, arrange and plan own work based on project and facility schedules. Interpret engineering drawings and process layouts.
- Collate, design and process anomalies and deficiencies as part of 'lessons learned' exercises
- Produce plans and conduct tests from skeleton instructions as detailed by project engineers compiling project specific and standard kit as necessary
- Diagnose and give feedback to project engineers on process and performance issues to assist product development
- Carry out test rig TPM and other scheduled or remedial maintenance, including application of 5S
- Liaise with specialist subcontractors for test rig maintenance as necessary
- Maintain the progress of project work by ordering gases and other consumable.
- Knowledge of aircraft fuel system component testing
- Knowledge of basic mechanical engineering principles
- Computer literacy, with adequate skills to programme and operate test rig control systems and data capture apparatus
- Literary competence sufficient to collate information and data for use in technical reports
- Working understanding of ATEX regulations and associated equipment used in test environments
- Working understanding of Pressure Systems regulations and associated equipment
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk register documentation
- Previous experience of working in or around confined spaces.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Filled.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?