- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
This is an opportunity to work across several upcoming projects with a large established engineering company.
With opportunities ranging from Junior to Senior/Principal level with two vacancies open.
This would be to support the design, manufacture and supply of novel power dense static converters and motors. With involvement in all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept through to verification and validation of production systems.
- To cover all stages of the project from bid to delivery
- Working and designing with power systems Electrical/Electronic
- Working in a safety regulated environment/harsh environment across a wide product range.
- Working to High integrity power supplies.
- To be accountable for the technical performance of the product and have prime engagement with the customer.
- To plan and conduct engineering tasks requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of designs or design techniques to meet the agreed requirements.
- To coordinate technical activities within the team and closely with senior team members to plan and co-ordinate the project
- To contribute to project meetings and to deliver detailed technical and progress reports
- To keep up to date with the state of the art in the chosen area by attending seminars and studying the technical literature
- Support other activities in the business.
- Skills and experience in the field of power electronics
- Degree level or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience using design/simulation tools such as MATLAB and Simulink
- A proven track record of product design and test in a relevant environment
- Broad knowledge of other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, mechanical, motors, etc.)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process.
- Experience in customer engagement or able to do so.
- Skills and experience in the 'live' testing of low voltage (i.e. <1000) electronic or electrical equipment
- Roles are subject to security clearance without restrictions.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?