- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior / Principal Base Engine Analysis
Ricardo is a leading Engineering Consultancy - they have a requirement at the Shoreham Technical Centre for a Senior / Principal Base Engine Analysis to join on a permanent basis.
Based at Ricardo's Shoreham Technical Centre, your primary role will be to provide mechanical analysis support to design and development projects.
- Production of high quality innovative mechanical analysis, using state-of-the-art multi-body dynamics analysis and hand calculations
- Analysis tasks typically include valvetrain kinematic and dynamic simulation, analysis of belt drives, chain drives and gear drives, cranktrain simulation and bearing hydrodynamic analysis, fastener calculations and many other non-standard tasks
- Leading projects in the department which will include mechanical analysis
- Analysing and directing recommendations for problem resolution to the expectation of the client
- Supporting technical proposals and sales bids to client organisations
- Interfacing with internal and external clients to deliver updates, design recommendations and analysis results
- Supervision of junior engineers in delivering value from analysis into engineering projects and ensuring delivery to time, quality and cost
- Maintain awareness of and drive development of industry leading mechanical analysis methods and technologies
- Preparation and maintenance of process documentation associated with the analysis process
- Preparation of detailed technical presentations for both internal and client project engineering review
- Preparation of marketing material to support business development activities
- Significant opportunities for foreign travel and placements if business needs dictate
The ideal candidate would have:
- A good degree in a relevant mechanical subject, e.g. mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering, engineering physics or mathematics
- Excellent theoretical and analytical skills relating to dynamics and kinematics of mechanisms
- A track record of engineering project / product development, ideally within the automotive or engine development industry, but allied industries (aerospace, rotating machinery) considered
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?