- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Business Analyst to work at the Shoreham Technical Centre of Ricardo - a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy. This is a permanent position.
Are you curious about the future of technology, engineering and business?
Can you not only dig into the figures and understand technical detail, but also build an engaging story around your findings?
If so, this could be the role for you. We are actively searching for an Engineering Business Analyst to support the growth of the Technology Strategy team and its suite of services, for example:
- Technology and market studies. These studies combine quantitative and qualitative analysis to answer a range of questions: How will the technologies develop in the next few years? What are the leading products and technologies in the market? What technologies do we need to achieve our future targets? Who are the most important companies?
- Strategic analysis. We also help our customers plan for the future: What will shape future markets? How will technologies, products and services develop over the coming decades? What should our strategic roadmap look like?
Our customers include public & private organisations across automotive, transportation, fuels & lubricants, and energy. And you can expect to work directly with them, on a wide variety of projects.
Collaborating closely with the growing team of engineers, your role will be to support delivery of technology strategy studies. Your tasks will include:
- Delivering projects for our customers both independently and within a larger team, with a focus on time, quality and cost of delivery
- Collaborating and developing relationships with colleagues from across RSC and wider Ricardo to facilitate joint projects
- Supporting proposal development to meet client requirements, and business development activities within the team
- Encouraging continuous improvement within the Technology Strategy team
- Supporting delivery of presentations to clients and workshop facilitation
The role reflects Ricardo's core values: Respect, Passion, Integrity, and Innovation. You will be a highly competent self-starter with an appreciation of a broad range of current and future technologies:
- A passion for technology and engineering: Technically literate and extremely curious, you will have some exposure to vehicle and engine technology, and at least 2 years' relevant industry experience
- A good communicator with a high standard of written and spoken English
- A collaborator, you will work well with internal and external stakeholders
- An innovative and accurate researcher, you will have the capability to seek out and distil information, drawing on diverse sources of information and data
- An analytical and strategic thinker, you will have the ability to develop and present balanced, insightful conclusions to stakeholders
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific, technical or engineering subject
- Well organised, with the ability to plan and deliver tasks independently
- A resilient, pragmatic and determined outlook
- Flexibility to travel globally if required
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems