- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Control Systems Engineer
World Leader in Control Systems Engineering for Clean Power. Looking for a Control Systems Engineer with experience from the Automotive market (or similar), Control Strategy and CAN Bus tools.
Reporting to the Head of Control and Electronics, you will have responsibility for execution of work packages and tasks within the company's main projects, relating to the design, development, prototyping and testing of electrical and control systems for our products and technology. This will require a mix of practical and analytical skills, and may include working off-site and with customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining system specifications based on high level requirements
- Developing control and electronic systems, subsystems and components
- Planning and undertaking test and development exercises and cycles
- Project ownership and responsibility
- Managing own day to day activities and reporting progress
- Supplier interface and management
- Further education qualification in engineering (electrical, mechatronic or systems), either at Graduate, Postgraduate or HND/HNC level
- Experience with CAN bus system design, development and testing
- Embedded systems development
- ECU Calibration
- Simulink for control systems
- Electrical systems projects at a practical level from specification/requirements through to development and testing of proven prototype systems
- Working knowledge of control system strategies (e.g. closed loop, PID, state machines)
- Working knowledge of sensors, actuators and interfaces
- Computer literacy including MS Excel
- Experience of engine, vehicle, renewables or power generation
- MATLAB, Stateflow, Solidworks Electrical software experience
- J1939, CCP, networking protocols and topologies
- Project management experience
- Engine control system and software development
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?