- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
IPT Lead R&T
We are currently recruiting for a IPT Lead for R&T projects. This is an exciting opportunity to head up the R&T projects team and drive a rapidly growing aerospace company forwards with products for their future.
In this exciting role, you will be for managing and co-ordinating the R&T team to efficiently deliver technology development projects, the role is also responsible for identifying and capitalising on opportunities for future projects & products relating to advanced composite components and systems. In particular, relationships with existing and potential customers need to be promoted and developed. You will ensure the programmes are delivered in accordance with key milestone dates, customer deliverables and within budget. Furthermore, the development of the team and engineering talent is key to underpinning the performance of the team. You will always be focused on exceeding the expectations of the customer and the organisation. This role is critical to progressing Research and Development technology readiness level technologies through the NPI process and delivering innovative, competitive, aerospace certified products to market to challenging customer timelines. This supports increased sales and the sites ambitious growth strategy. As a lead project engineer you will lead a team to deliver innovative composite products through the use of design for manufacture, design to cost and design for variability toolsets.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team on multiple research and product development tasks to deliver engineering outputs on time and on budget
- Serve as engineering lead for R&T, acting as the technical point of contact to the department
- protect all intellectual property generated within the team through suitable means
- Facilitate resolution of technical conflicts and issues that arise as a result of associated projects
- Management of all requirements through engagement with all parties required
- Work closely where necessary with other functions to deliver projects
- Clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks in hand
You will bring to the role:
- Strong technical understanding and proven track record of developing novel technology
- Excellent time management, analytical and design skills
- Ability to work towards a common goal
- Highly motivated, with a keen ability to use own initiative and motivate others
- Be flexible and have the ability to work across all Actuation location
- Energy and drive, you will be resilient acting in a tenacious way when required
- A confident and compelling speaker who can build strong working relationships working as part of a team or independently
- You are highly self- motivated, driven & focused on results with a concern for accuracy
- You enjoy multitasking whilst being organised & structured.
You will have experience of:
- Management experience
- Experience in the testing of structural composites or components in static and dynamic modes
- Defining, oversight, installation and validation of test equipment
- Proven track record of leading projects
- Stakeholder engagement including acting as a main point of contact for external business stakeholders
- Excellent at relationship building both internally & externally giving confidence in the organisation
- Customer relations/focus
- Continuous improvement
- Working within a production environment
In addition to this is would be desirable for you to have:
- Knowledge of latest Emerging technologies
- Knowledge of composite materials.
- 2:1 Hons degree (or better) in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent similar level degree such as Automotive or Aerospace) from recognised leading engineering University
- 4 years minimum experience in a relevant role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...