- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for an experienced Drainage Technician to assist with various Drainge design and maintenance schemes for the next six months+
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- To investigate reports for service and initiate appropriate act Io, including preparation of necessary files, correspondence, reports.
- To prepare, or to be involved in the preparation of, design work, from basic to more complex schemes, involving established procedures and the use of professional standards and codes of practice.
- To apply technical skills and to use a range of equipment and computers for investigation works, measurements, analyses, design, drawing, control, operation and maintenance purposes.
- To prepare, or assist in the preparation of, cost estimates, drawings, contract documents, bills of quantities and schedules of work as required.
- To undertake inspections and surveys and prepare technical reports.
- To collect, maintain and utilise technical data, including the use of computer based systems such as AUTOCAD, MapInfo, Micro Drainage
- To supervise, or assist in the supervision of, works on site, including the setting out and measurement of the works and to ensure that the required specifications and standards for safety reliability are met.
- Pay particular attention to customer care whilst dealing with customer complaints, reports and enquiries relating to programmed works.
- To assist other members of the Drainage Team functions such as assisting Engineers and Technicians in carrying out drainage surveys, team meetings etc.
- Providing advice to internal and external clients and public regarding drainage matters, including organisations such as Environment Agency, SYMAS (South Yorkshire Mining Advisory Service) UK Coal, Emergency Services etc.
- Contribute to the roles and responsibilities of the Council as Lead Local Flood Authority, under Floods and Water Management Act 2010 and Flood Risk Regulations 2009.
- Manage the maintenance of highway drainage systems including associated ancillaries and to ensure the safety of public highways.
Further detaills to follow, but if interested please enquire within
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.