- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is the sector leader in the growing UK highways management and maintenance market. They're currently looking to recruit an AutoCAD Technician to join the team in Cardiff.
The company design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. The projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
Roles & Responsibities:
- Undertaking work on AutoCad (2017) in the preparation of drawings, contract documentation and other information to achieve project outcomes.
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with internal quality standards and processes.
- Working collaboratively with the highways team and customers to help deliver project objectives.
Experience & Qualifications
* GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English and a Science subject (minimum requirement)
* Completed / working towards achieving ONC/HNC in a Civil Engineering discipline (desirable)
* Computer literate particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Experienced AutoCad user with Highways experience.
* User of KeySigns, KeyLines, Vehicle Tracking software and RC Detailing (desirable)
* Knowledge of BIM (desirable)
* Willingness to work in other UK offices for short term assignments.
If you have good interpersonal skiLls, are an effective team player with good communication and prioritisation skills then this could be ideal for you.
The company takes training and development very seriously. They develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?