- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
I am currently assisting a leading engineering client to expand their design office with a 6 month contract role. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of Pro-Engineer software, utilised in a mechanical engineering project.
- Take ownership of the Mechanical Design Engineering project plans and updates which they are working on. - Responsibility for Mechanical Design Engineering to fulfil customer or development requirements, through design, component specification, prototype, testing and full documentation stages.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Management during contract negotiation phases.
-Produce detailed estimates of design content of proposals and development programmes and assist in the compiling of manufacturing cost estimates.
- To assess the validity of the various design and manufacturing proposals - for maximum cost effectiveness on the particular project.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and proposals to customers.
- Liaise with all Production, Purchasing, Engineering, QA and Project staff on Mechanical Engineering matters.
- Travel to customer's site to perform or supervise commissioning and acceptance tests.
- Also to provide after sales technical support on site or supervise such activities as requested.
- Ensure good communications both verbal and written are maintained with Management with regular reporting of problems and resources required to meet planned objectives
- HNC, Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Membership of Professional Institution.
- PRINCE2 qualified
- Experience with 3D/2D Pro-Eng, preferably with experience of Wildfire 4.0 with Intralink version 3.4 data management tools AutoCAD version 2002/2011 creating 2D drawings Designing castings, sheet metalwork, mouldings, electronics packaging solutions and electro-mechanical module design.
- Experience in a Mechanical Design/ Manufacturing Environment.
Pay & Hours:
37.5 hour working week (Flexible Working time)
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour Umbrella / Limited Rate.
6 Month contract.
To apply for this position please submit your most up to date CV with daytime contact telephone details.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?