- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Flood Risk Engineer - Leicester / Milton Keynes
Our client is seeking to appoint Flood Risk Engineers to their offices in Leicester, Leeds and Milton Keynes.
- Undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports for strategic development schemes on sites in Flood Zones 1, 2 & 3.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs for proposed development sites, incorporating sustainable drainage techniques either as part of a Flood Risk Assessment report or standalone assessment.
- River/flood modelling to define extent and depths of flooding and to determine mitigation/ improvement schemes.
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Assist Associate with operation of the regional team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company.
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events.
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to junior engineers/technicians. Work closely with Associate Engineer to develop business strategies to deliver the strategic goals of the company.
- Follow a continued professional development/programme of training to maintain the growth of the division. Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Compliance with Designer's responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015. Maintain valid CSCS Card.
- Management of clients and projects, including regular communication, obtaining feedback on performance, agreeing fee proposals and timescales.
- Liaise fully with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agency, etc to ensure efficient progress with commissions.
- Prepare and review calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence produced by team to ensure delivery of quality, accurate and efficient work which has undergone rigorous checking procedures throughout the whole process.
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and suppliers. Occasional requirement to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Other duties as may occasionally be required to support the needs of the business.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience, including design, management, knowledge of flood risk/hydrology standards and business development.
- Member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant professional body. Working towards a recognised professional qualification.
- Working knowledge of current legislation, drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, F&WMA, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Proficient using Micro Drainage and flood modelling software packages such as XP Storm, Hec-Ras, Tuflow or Floodmodeller.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the company but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
- 100% commitment to the Company Values and Service Commitments.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff.
- Smart appearance in accordance with Company dress code policy.
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...