- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior/Principal Rail Engineer
One of the markets leading global Design & Consultancy firms is currently looking for an experienced Senior/Principal Engineer to strengthen their busy rail team.
To be considered for a role, you will need to demonstrate the following credentials:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Strong structural design experience within rail with structures stations and platforms
- Considerable post-graduate experience in the rail industry, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale
- Strong experience as CRE
- Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is accurate
- Experience maintaining on-going communication with relevant Project Leaders/Team Leaders and clients
- Experience reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy
- The ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- A passion for engineering excellence, and a desire to embrace new and innovative thinking
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- Ideally Chartered Engineer status
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will provide technical support into a variety of projects within the rail environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of company services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...