- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
My client is looking for a Site Manager based out in Peterborough working within the @onealiance
The Site Manager/Agent is responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers' objectives, while maintaining high standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control. They will deliver multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required program and to the maximum commercial performance. The post-holder will work closely with the Estimating Department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects.
- Deliver the work safely, without environmental incidents and to the specified quality without defects.
- Manage subcontractors and provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximized
- Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, risk assessments, method statements, site waste management plans are in line with Company procedures
- Manage the project programme
- Encourage and coach team members to develop their skills
- Undertake an ambassadorial role, representing the business to customers, public and official bodies
- Deliver end product to customer satisfaction
- Maximize project value
- Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
- Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo
- Produce good quality, accurate weekly/monthly reports for the Client and internally
- Chair weekly site meetings in line with Company procedures
Key measures & targets:
- Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met
- Adherence to Business Unit Objectives
- Ensure 3 Pillar KPI measures are met
- Customers and stakeholders
- Subcontractors and suppliers
- Site teams and support departments
Working within an Alliance environment
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Considerable experience in Civil Engineering
- Working knowledge of NEC contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management,Programme & Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering
- Experience in deep excavations.
- Be able to demonstrate responsibility for the project programme. Work with the Planner, design and site team to update the programme as required.
- Proven ability to manage the expectations of the customer to ensure a seamless transition of asset ownership
- Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- CSCS Managers card
- IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS
- Temporary Works Coordinator - ideal but not essential
- Lifting Appointed Person- ideal but not essential
- Cable Avoidance Training
- First Aid Training
- Excellent communication, people and team management skills
- Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
- Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and motivate and lead the team in line with the Company culture, ensuring high standards of compliance
- CEng MICE preferred
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...