- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Graduate Air Quality Consultant
An opening has arisen for an entry level consultant based in my clients Exeter office, for an ASAP start.
Working primarily within the area of air quality, environmental planning and environmental impact assessment (EIA) within the Environment and Health division. The role will involve assisting the established air quality and environmental planning team in day to day activities. Training and mentoring will be provided.
Key work areas shall include:-
- Desk-based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Building and running of air dispersion models using GIS and other suitable platforms;
- Interpretation and analysis of results;
- Report writing and preparation of figures; and
- Assisting other colleagues with related technical environmental planning areas, such as flood risk, ecology and project management as the need arises.
The successful candidate will have good GIS and analytical skills, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients. By the very nature of environmental planning, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational skills, an eye for detail, and a willingness to undertake site work away from the office.
This may lead to a long-term career development opportunity and as such candidates should have a firm commitment to Air Quality and Environmental Planning as a chosen career path.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, geographical information systems (GIS)) to manage data, prepare figures, drawings and project programmes; and
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline would be an advantage; and
- Full clean driving licence.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.