- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support their increasing workload on the AMP6 Southern Water Framework.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be primarily based in Havant but will be required to travel to various sites near to Southampton.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will manage input to related aspects including:
- Estimating, design procurement, supply chain procurement.
- Supervision and performance in relation to quantity surveying duties associated with Southern Water Framework Agreement for AMP6.
- The conditions of contract for the main contract are NEC3 Option C with Z clauses. The conditions of contract for subcontracts will be based on NEC3.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
- Supervision and performance of the commercial aspects of projects
- Encouragement and creation of a teamwork culture, recognising the responsibilities of the line management structure
- Quantity surveying functions
- Assisting in the procurement of subcontracts
- Maximizing profitability working within the requirements of the conditions of contract
- Participating in the management of the team including management of resource levels, providing direction, leadership, and assessing the training and development requirements of quantity surveying staff.
- Provision of commercial expertise
- Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team
- Maintaining commercial information to the contract
- Relevant experience covering commercial management, quantity surveying, project management and estimating services, and a sound understanding of commercial risk analysis and assessment
- Solid understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract
- Knowledge and experience of cost and value reporting, cash flow forecasting
- Contract claims experience
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Experience of supervising quantity surveying staff
- Experienced in negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating to customers and suppliers
- Experienced in the management of staff, including managing performance development and following disciplinary procedures
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent commercially related discipline
- Preferably a member of RICS or ICE
- Relevant CSCS card
Detailed knowledge of company management systems including:
- Commercial reports
- Risk Management
- Personnel Management
- Commercial and contractual knowledge in various forms of contract
- Working knowledge of current legislation
- Thorough understanding of the financial and commercial issues facing engineering projects
The ideal candidate will have excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to make a sound business case to senior stakeholders
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Filled.