- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Engineering Project Lead
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for an Engineering Project Lead at their site in Cwmbran.
- Effective planning of engineering projects including design, product development, testing and airworthiness approvals through to first delivery.
- Creation of coherent Work Breakdown Structures.
- Generate and maintain customer specifications.
- Manage engineering changes through the engineering functions to support project delivery.
- Assess and manage technical risks to avoid adverse project impact.
- Support problem solving initiatives across the business.
- Be able to communicate efficiently and clearly with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be:-
- Minimum HNC/HND education. Degree level preferred.
- Engineering design experience (5 yrs minimum)
- Previous engineering management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, Access)
- Experience of engineering design packages (e.g. Catia, Nastran)
- High and proven interpersonal skills
- Competent communicator with ability to establish good working relationships across departments
- Self-reliant, hardworking, pro-active, motivated and an achiever.
- Effective team player
- Full UK driving licence and valid passport essential as travel may be required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?