- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Supportability / ILS Engineer
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
The company believe in values in which they promote across their business UK wide, and are a strong believer in a work life balance, offering flexible working and a range of benefits! Due to a number of successes across the team they are growing!
"Brilliant Company - Only getting better"
"Work Life Balance -Flexible working times. Lots of charitable events and fundraising for multiple charities. Strong supporter of Employee well-being, mental and physical health. Big Investor in training and development for their employees" Glassdoor Jan 2019 entry.
The Company are looking for a Supportability Engineer / Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer to join the team who provide supportability and support solutions consultancy to the company project, sales and technology teams!
The business maximise their customers' capabilities by ensuring their products are supportable and supported at optimum Whole Life Cost.
The role will challenge and support you in equal measure along with will utilising your skills across all of the ILS disciplines, including Reliability & Maintainability, Human Factors, Training, Lifecycle Engineering, Support Solution Design and ILS Management.
- You will work in coordination with the Project Managers, tailoring the scope and scale of ILS activities to meet the User, Customer, and the company's requirements.
- Working collaboratively with designers to improve the reliability, maintainability and usability aspects of the business designs.
- You will be developing the optimum support solution for each customer, within the context of a wider product and capability roadmap.
- You will be Identifying the factors that drive cost throughout the lifecycle of a product and the levers that influence those cost drivers.
- The ILS/Supportability Engineer will be eliciting and deriving support requirements and proposing verification methods for each requirement.
- You will be developing supportability cases and conducting analysis to provide progressive assurance of support solutions.
- Assessing the human element of systems, including assessing the potential for human error as a contributor to system failures.
- The ILS engineer will be Building the Whole Life / Through Life Cost Model to inform the overall business case for new product developments in partnership with the Project and Capability Management teams.
- Performing reliability modelling and undertaking maintainability analysis to optimise support arrangements.
- Assisting with the identification and mitigation of hazards through system hazard analysis.
- Formulating and implementing the obsolescence strategy for a product line.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes, policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with our sales & marketing team to implement strategies for growing our support business.
- You will ideally hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline or have equivalent experience.
- Experience in Operational Analysis & Whole Life Cost Modelling - Business Case Analysis, COIEAs, Availability Trade-Off Analysis, etc.
- Reliability & Maintainability - Reliability Prediction, RBDs, FTAs, FMEAs, Robustness Growth, MTAs, Zonal Analysis, FRACAS/DRACAS, etc.
- ILS Requirements Management and Progressive Assurance, including Logistics Demonstrations.
Experience in the Defence in Aerospace industry - experience in safety regulated and/or standard driven environment.
All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance and hold a valid UK driving license.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.