- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
1D Thermal CAE Engineer
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Engineering Teams. Please get in touch if you have automotive 1D Thermal / CFD experience.
The next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
Build up the client's 1D simulation capacity and competence. Work closely with the CAE team and Attribute teams in China to deliver results and reports in a timely manner. Work involves actively seeking component data, set-up component models as well as full system models.
- Prepare, perform and analyse thermal system simulations using 1D tools.
- Actively seeking component data, set-up component models as well as full system models.
- Work closely with the CAE team and Attribute teams in China to deliver reports in a timely manner.
- Support improvements in modelling techniques to help increase simulation accuracy and engineering knowhow.
- Suggest suitable tests to validate model predictions
- Develop simulation plans and perform simulations to solve technical issues
- Be involved in coupling of 1D and 3D CFD models
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- M.Sc. or higher education within fluid dynamics and extensive experience of using 1D models for thermal simulations within automotive industry
- Good working knowledge of vehicle thermal components and driving cycles.
- Thorough understanding of 1D simulation methods and applications
- Experience of 3D CFD models is a plus as coupled simulations of 1D and 3D might be used
- Must have hands-on experience with GTSuite or AMESIM as well as automotive background
- Demonstrate high level of personal motivation to join a start-up organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to company values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- The ability to travel to China to support program work.
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Daniel.Tchupan@Matchtech.com for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
OUR CLIENT IS ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS FROM CANDIDATES WHO HOLD THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK WITHIN THE EU
All salaries are dependant on relevant skills and experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems