- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client, an engineering company manufacturing innovative electro-mechanical products is looking for a motivated and passionate manufacturing engineer to support Production and Quality functions.
- Develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
- Participate in NPI projects following a gated product development system.
- Provide design for manufacture and cost down solutions for new and existing products.
- Control the transfer of data between Engineering and the MRP system.
- Creation of bills of materials, work orders and work instructions.
- If required, assist the Materials Controller with the purchasing of parts for NPI projects.
- Travel to our manufacturing sites to resolve any manufacturing issues, implement improvements and check our products are being manufactured to specification.
Skills and experience required:
- HND/Degree in manufacturing or production engineering
- 5 years+ experience in an engineering/manufacturing company
- Experience of manufacturing and assembly operations
- Good understanding of engineering drawings
- Experience of lean manufacturing
- Experience of ERP/MRP
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication
- Team working skills
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- "Can do" attitude
- Mechanical design of tooling/jigs
- Ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies
- Application of SPC and MSA
- CAD experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.