- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Refrigeration Engineer
Our client is a global technology company delivering clean 'cold and power'. Their cutting-edge technology uniquely harnesses liquid air or nitrogen to deliver zero emissions power and cooling.
The company is developing a portfolio of proprietary technologies, products and services, which deliver significant reductions in operating cost, fuel usage and emissions, at low capital cost. The application of their technology, to provide sustainable and efficient transport refrigeration, is currently undergoing trials.
The company is building an international reputation for innovation, rigour, commercial acumen and engineering excellence, all to fulfil its primary objective - to make the world a cleaner, cooler place.
Working within the Research and Core Technology group and reporting to the Head of New Applications Engineering, your focus will be on projects developing new applications of their Engine technology. For example, as part of a new Agritech grant funded project, the Refrigeration Engineer will be focused on developing a blast chiller concept through specification, design and hardware demonstration phases. There will also be a requirement for support to, and involvement in other projects developing refrigeration applications of their Engine technology.
- Specification and conceptual development of different refrigeration and heat transfer applications.
- Component sourcing, including developing specifications and supply chain engagement and liaison.
- Developing test plans including test scope, method statements, acceptance criteria and risk assessments.
- Experimental validation of hardware and models.
- Working with design, simulation, procurement and project management teams within the company to deliver the project on time and within scope.
- Batchelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace), Physics or Mathematics.
- Significant experience of working in relevant industry such as transport refrigeration, or blast chiller systems
- Knowledge and experience of system modelling in Excel, Matlab/Simulink or Amesim would be advantageous.
- A good fundamental understanding of thermodynamic principles.
- Additionally, a good fundamental knowledge of fluid flow and dynamics is desirable (but not essential) for this role.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, and have a proactive and professional attitude to all aspects of their work.
The job will be located primarily in Croydon, with regular travel to meetings with partners, customers and suppliers in the UK and overseas.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.