- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Durability CAE Engineer
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Engineering Team. Please get in touch if you have automotive CAE experience (Durability, NVH, Thermal, CFD, Safety)
Our client, the next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
Develop and optimise body and closures structures to fulfil vehicle, system and component requirements defined in the technical specifications. Focus will be on durability and fatigue requirements for body and closures.
- Build, assemble and analyse complete vehicle and system level finite element models.
- Assess strength & fatigue requirements for body and closures, using latest CAE methods & tools.
- Develop & optimise body / closure structures to meet requirements.
- Develop CAE modelling methods, requirements & perform correlation studies with physical test data.
- Develop process improvements to enable faster, enhanced, more robust analysis to be performed.
- Work collaboratively in the CAE and advanced design team located in Oxford as well as the Attribute, CAE & Design teams located in China to deliver robust design solutions.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- M.Sc. or higher education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in the field of durability at an established OEM.
- Thorough understanding of finite element analysis. MUST have hands-on experience with solvers such as ABAQUS, NASTRAN and OPTISTRUCT. Pre- and post-processing tools like ANSA, META, HYPERMESH and HYPERVIEW.
- Experience with Optimisation & DoE toolsets such as Optistruct, Tosca, Isight & Hyperstudy preferable.
- Experience with Fatigue tools such as nCode DesignLife and FEMFAT preferable.
- Working with both metallic and composite structures.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal motivation to join a start-up organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to company values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Dan Tchupan at Matchtech for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
OUR CLIENT IS ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS FROM CANDIDATES WHO HOLD THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK WITHIN THE EU
All salaries are dependant on relevant skills and experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.