- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Joining Methods CAE Engineer
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Engineering Team. Please get in touch if you have automotive CAE experience (Durability, NVH, Thermal, CFD, Safety)
Our client, the next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
Develop and optimise joining methods to fulfil vehicle, system and component requirements defined in the technical specifications. Focus will be on joint strength and fatigue requirements for all areas of the vehicle (body, closures, interior/exterior trim, powertrain & chassis).
- Build, assemble and analyse complete vehicle and system level finite element models.
- Assess strength, fatigue & service requirements for all areas of the vehicle, using latest CAE methods & tools.
- Develop & optimise joining methods to meet requirements.
- Develop tools, CAE modelling methods, requirements & perform correlation studies with physical test data in areas such as; joint load monitoring / limits, pre-load, slip, torque relaxation, failure & fatigue.
- Work collaboratively in the CAE and advanced design team located in Oxford as well as the Attribute, CAE & Design teams located in China to deliver robust design solutions.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- M.Sc. or higher education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in the field of joint analysis at an established OEM.
- In depth knowledge of common joining techniques; Welding (spot, CMT, laser etc.), Mechanical fastener (nuts, bolts, washers, FDS etc.), Rivets (SPR, Monobolt), Bonding (Adhesives), Clips etc.
- Thorough understanding of finite element analysis. MUST have hands-on experience with solvers such as ABAQUS, LS-DYNA and OPTISTRUCT. Pre- and post-processing tools like ANSA, META, HYPERMESH and HYPERVIEW.
- Experience with Fatigue software such as nCode DesignLife and FEMFAT preferable.
- Experience with Optimisation & DoE toolsets such as Optistruct, Tosca, Isight & Hyperstudy preferable.
- Knowledge regarding VDI 2230 & experience with specific joint tools such as BoltCalc, KISSsoft etc. would be advantageous.
- Working with both metallic and composite structures.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal motivation to join a start-up organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to company values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Dan Tchupan at Matchtech for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...