- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Asset Data & GIS Technician
Our Essex based client is seeking an Asset Data & GIS Technician to join their Highways team on a fixed term contract until November 2018.
The role involves assisting in providing a first class service to customers, delivering the planned works and services within their function and ensuring that the challenges of delivering the visions of the business and priorities are met.
- To analyse data from Asset Management systems in order to ensure systems are being used correctly, and also to provide necessary information to develop and support investment strategies.
- To provide expertise to assist the wider team with the updating of asset inventory information, ensuring data is appropriately sorted.
- Ensure / maintain data inputting standards and proactively monitor that all parties understand the importance of accurate data.
- To provide timely and accurate advice on all highway-related matters as required.
- To contribute to the teams performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
- To provide assistance to the team in relation to all aspects covered within the function of the group, in particular contribute to improving the flow of information between Highways Teams, Partners and Stakeholders, including improved IT interfaces.
- To assist with the identification of schemes and services for the future platforms as appropriate.
- Assist with the use of systems and processes for collating relevant management information. Analyse and interpret this information to identify the current key areas for further investigation.
- Supply timely data and information to relevant internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in forums, aiming to raise awareness of statistical data and information needs and use of information.
- Assist with the use of systems and data for collating and reporting relevant performance and management information.
- Liaise with colleagues in other Service areas to access relevant and accurate data from existing sources and to confirm reliability and validity of data.
- Assist with processes for collecting relevant data including the use of databases, spreadsheets etc.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience and understanding of the Confirm system.
- HNC, A-Level education or equivalent qualification.
- Experience / qualification in Information Technology.
- Experience in the handling of data and data management protocols.
- Understanding of Asset Management Principles.
- Knowledge of Highway Legislation, relevant design procedures and standards and good practice.
- Knowledge of budgetary governance and controls.
- An awareness of statistical information sources and an understanding of how data is collected.
- Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (including report writing).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.