- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Process Control Systems Engineer
My client, a leading operator, are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Process Control Systems Engineer to join their team at Fawley Refinery and Chemical Plant.
Job Role Responsibilities:
Process Control Systems Engineers are responsible for providing specialist technical and engineering support for the process control systems used across the Fawley site, which are predominantly Honeywell systems.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Provide technical and engineering support for the process control, process supervisory and optimisation systems used at the Fawley site, covering system development, installation, commissioning and maintenance activities
- Collaborate with Application Engineers and operating unit teams to ensure that systems meet the specific needs of the individual operating units and perform reliably
The successful candidate will work with a small team, which is part of the larger Fawley Area Engineering Service (FAES) Department. The FAES Department comprises of approximately 100 multidisciplinary engineers and technicians, and provides technical support across the Fawley refining and petrochemical facility.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold an engineering degree in electrical engineering, process control engineering or an equivalent subject
B- e; be working towards being; or be prepared to work towards being, a Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent
- Have relevant Distributed Control Systems (DCS) experience, preferably with Honeywell systems and in the oil and gas industry (five years+ as a guide). This experience should predominantly have been gained as a Process Control Systems Engineer, rather than as an Applications Engineer. Candidates with less than 5 years' experience, but who have a high degree of relevant industry experience, and those who have extensive professional experience of other DCS equipment (e.g. Emerson) will also be considered.
- Have strong IT skills, specifically being an experienced and competent user of Microsoft Office - including Excel and Word
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- Honeywell Experion, TDC 2000 and TDC 3000
- Network infrastructure and domain environment knowledge
- Windows 2008 server and above
- Networking e.g. TCP/IP, routers / switches configuration
- Anti-virus techniques e.g. patches, hot fix management
- DHCP, DNS and WINS
- DMC, RTO, Uniformance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Control & Automation
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems