- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Safety CAE Engineer
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Concept Engineering Team. Please get in touch if you have automotive Safety CAE experience.
Our client, the next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
To carry out full vehicle and sub-system crashworthiness CAE simulations on NIO passenger vehicle programmes. Work involves developing body structures and interior components, using advanced metallic and composite materials, to meet safety standards. A good knowledge of LS-Dyna and vehicle structures is required.
- Develop full vehicle and sub-systems models in LS-Dyna.
- Carry out simulations of required crash load cases, post-process results and provide design feedback.
- Support the development and optimisation of the vehicle body-in-white and interior sub-systems, working on advanced metallic, composite materials and joining technologies.
- Work closely with the Safety CAE and Attribute teams in China to deliver reports in a timely manner.
- Support improvements in modelling techniques to help increase simulation accuracy and engineering knowhow.
- Manage and organise the LS-Dyna model build files to create load cases quickly and accurately.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- M.Sc. or higher education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of vehicle body structures, interiors and safety load cases.
- Thorough understanding of finite element analysis. MUST have hands-on experience with LS-Dyna and pre- and post-processing tools like ANSA, META, OASYS, HYPERMESH and HYPERVIEW.
- Experience with ECE regulations, Euro NCAP consumer rating program and related China requirement equivalents.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal motivation to join a start-up organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to company values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- The ability to travel to China to support program work.
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Dan Tchupan at Matchtech for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
OUR CLIENT IS ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS FROM CANDIDATES WHO HOLD THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK WITHIN THE EU
All salaries are dependant on relevant skills and experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.