- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Safety Concepts CAE Engineer
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Concept Engineering Team. Please get in touch if you have automotive Safety CAE experience.
Our client, the next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
This role will belong to the Safety CAE team in Oxford. As a Safety Concept CAE Engineer you will work closely with the Advanced Concept Engineering team supporting early concept work with Safety assessments. Your work will also include support to the vehicle attribute safety in Shanghai China.
- Develop full vehicle and sub-systems models in LS-Dyna to support concept and vehicle development
- Carry out simulations of required crash load cases, post-process results and provide design feedback.
- Support the development and optimisation of the vehicle body-in-white and interior sub-systems, working on advanced metallic, composite materials and joining technologies.
- Support improvements in modelling techniques to help increase simulation accuracy and engineering knowhow.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- M.Sc. or higher education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of vehicle body structures, interiors and safety load cases.
- Thorough understanding of finite element analysis. MUST have hands-on experience with LS-Dyna and pre- and post-processing tools like ANSA, META, OASYS HYPERMESH and HYPERVIEW.
- Experience with ECE regulations, Euro NCAP and C-NCAP consumer rating programs.
- Experience from working with optimization tools and methods.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal motivation to join a start-up organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to company values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- The ability to travel to China to support program work.
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Dan Tchupan at Matchtech for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
OUR CLIENT IS ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS FROM CANDIDATES WHO HOLD THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK WITHIN THE EU
All salaries are dependant on relevant skills and experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...