- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Security Technical Engineer (Nuclear)
Matchtech's client - the Programme Management Partner for EDF at Hinkley Point C - is seeking a Security Technical Engineer to join their team, working on the nuclear new build project in Bridgwater.
The Security Technical Engineer is responsible for the design of the permanent Security Surveillance and Access Control Systems for the entire Hinkley Point C Power Station and supporting the Security Contract Engineering Lead and the Security Technical Lead in the Delivery of the Security and Access Control System.
The Security Technical Engineer will act as an interface between stakeholders, in UK and France for the effective delivery of the design work for the project and to the correct UK specifications. The key aim is to deliver a compliant, efficient design solution for the Security System for Hinkley Point C Power Station.
The post holder will need good oral and written communication skills and able to build effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and organisations, including:
- Security teams in UK and France
- Participation in NNB Multi Discipline Team (MDT) that includes the Project Manager, Responsible Designer, Commercial Lead, Risk Lead and Delivery Managers
- HPC site project teams
- ONR (CNS)
- Define the technical requirements and scope for all technical and physical security systems to be delivered within the programme of work to ensure a site wide fully integrated security system is designed, approved and accepted
- Ensure the EPR security design and specifications are interpreted correctly and new designs are up to date, fit for purpose and meet UK regulations and requirements
- Support the delivery of the programme activities to ensure they are delivered safely, and meeting business, technical and functional requirements
- Anticipate, manage and resolve technical issues. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised
- Manage Technical Interfaces with other Stakeholders to ensure the development of an integrated design
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members both in the UK and France
- Identify and manage Design Risks
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in electrical engineering
- Experience in data network design development
- Experience in security system design development
- Experience in building services design development
- Experience on large engineering/infrastructure projects
- Track record of providing innovative "value engineered" solutions within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector
- Experience of developing technical solutions, with design decisions validated through design interface
- A basic understanding of PWR design and the nuclear fuel cycle
- Good knowledge of UK Nuclear Security Regulations and legislation
- Able to demonstrate a technical knowledge of current electronic security management systems and current electronic security systems
- Knowledge and/or experience of the UK government security equipment approvals process
- Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills
Note: The post holder must hold, or is able to achieve, SC Security Clearance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Electrical Engineer
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Meet the SCADA engineer who stops your bag getting lost at the airport
Have you ever wondered how your luggage gets from the baggage drop to the plane? Meet the engineer who makes sure you’re reu...