- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Design Engineer
A Systems Engineer is required to join a leading defence client on an initial 6 month contract.
Matchtech are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to support a project to relocate a key Systems Test and Integration facility in 2019.
Leading up to this there will be a requirement to help plan for the move and ensure the all the systems are baselined and the configuration management (drawing packs) are fully up to date.
Initially the role will focus on checking the quality and accuracy of a new drawing set against the actual systems fitted, which will require an understanding of combat system equipment, cables and connectors, as well as the ability to read and understand complex drawing packs. An understanding of system power supplies is also desirable.
The candidate must be capable of working under own initiative and guidance and working with remote teams. Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
Key Skills and experience:
- Understanding of technical systems drawings packs and data sheets
- Ability to read drawings and data sheets and relate to installations
- Use of MS office
- Understanding of Configuration Control processes
- Experience of working within a systems engineering environment with knowledge of how complex systems are connected including military cables and connectors
- Previous drawing office experience would be desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?