- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for an experienced SHEQ Advisor to join their HV team on a 6 month fixed contract. You will be based out of their Leeds office and working across sites in the North of England, so frequent travel will be a part of this role.
We are looking to appoint a temporary Area SHEQ Advisor to co-ordinate all SHEQ issues for the North of England. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Participate in, and manage a programme of implementing/assisting with the setup of site SHEQ issues for each contract. Ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, supporting regulations, the Company Health, Quality, Environmental and Safety Policies and Management System Procedures.
- Advising on Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues as required, this will include preventing injury to personnel and damage to Environment, plant and equipment. Attending site visits where required to ascertain SHEQ issues specific to that project.
- Carry out regular SHEQ audits on all sites and communicate the results to the SHEQ Manager and the Site Engineer.
- Advise on adequate training relating to SHEQ for employees before and after commencing duties with the Company, and monitor the effectiveness of this training.
- Ensuring that all precautions as detailed in work related Method Statements, Risk Assessments, SHEQ Plans, and Environmental Aspect registers are brought to the attention of the working team.
- Liaise with the Company Health and Safety Manager for the reporting and investigation of accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with Installation Group Procedure.
The successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels. An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and you will also possess excellent organizational skills.
You will have a sound knowledge of SHEQ practices and legislation related construction sites as well as a NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Health and Safety. It is essential that you have cross-functional project management experience. A driving licence is also essential as the role involves travelling to and from Installation Sites.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.