- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Product Support Engineer
Our defence client is looking for a Product Support Engineer to join their growing business.
- Have a strong Mechanical and Electrical engineering background in the areas of Complex Electronics and Complex Mechanics.
- The ability to communicate orally and in writing on technical topics is essential. Must be able to prioritise tasks quickly, with the added ability to solve problems in a technical environment.
- Deal with customers on technical issues in a high pressure, ever changing dynamic arena.
- Must be ethically strong with a true sense of loyalty. Which together with high levels of commitment and personal values will be able to present a sense of well-being when dealing with the customer on any matter.
- Experience working within similar technical discipline.
- Provide a formal and structured support for specialist products. Which will include ROV's.
- Able to communicate with and solve technical enquires from customers on varying technical levels.
- Carry out equipment evaluation "on site" remaining calm and controlled under extreme pressure.
- Provide User technical training and help construct training strategies and tactics.
- Advise production on build quality issues.
- Maintain records for equipment where necessary, to facilitate trend and defect analysis.
- Work with, and act as a customer buffer to Engineering regarding design issues and product development.
- Maintain and manage the demonstration equipment using sales and customer inputs.
- Act as technical support to the sales team.
- Carry out commissioning, testing and operator training, ensuring that the "Customer Experience" is foremost.
- Report directly to the CSM, but be flexible for deployment on other suitable tasks and personnel development.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice, worldwide and over weekends.
- Ideally have a background of working with/repairing land born ROV's or similar equipment (complex small Robots), not essential as full training will be given as long as experience with complex electromechanical systems can be proven.
- Armed Forces very welcome.
- SC Security Cleared or could be vetted for SC Clearance.
- HNC minimum, Microsoft Office compliant, Full clean driving Licence, In date Passport, No restrictions on worldwide travel
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.