- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated Mechanical Design Engineer at their site in Monmouthshire.
To produce design schemes and detail drawings that meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet programme requirements
- Produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets
- Design Engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers.
- Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
- Check engineering packages
- Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA)
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
- From time to time, Design Engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum HNC in a Mechanical Engineering related field
- Proven track record in Design Engineering
- Understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Solid 3D CAD skills / CATIA
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
- Solid planning and organisation skills
- Ability to deliver to demanding deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good working relationships within and across departments
- Effective team player
- Competent user of MS Office packages
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...