- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Design Engineer
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated Senior Design Engineer at their site in Cwmbran, Monmouthshire.
To develop and structure new products using V5 / Smarteam.
- To aid in the development of new product designs and to structure the product in Smarteam
- To manage the product maturity and development in Smarteam
- To lead the design effort for packages of work or small programmes and to develop and manage packages of work within the team
- To manage a small team of engineers
- To maintain the engineering quality and integrity of the work produced within their work package
- Responsible for the design and detail modelling of a variety of suite components in order to meet the programme requirements
- Cost and weight targets must be monitored, managed and met
- Senior Design engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers and to manage data transfer
- Organise and participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process. Ensure that all necessary follow up actions are taken.
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element and to provide assistance to other team members
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element with the product as a whole
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines as laid out in BMS documentation
- To check engineering packages
- Generate and/or revise specifications
Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering field, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong 3D CatiaV5 background but further training will be provided if required.
- A good understanding of Smarteam structure and procedures
- Competent mechanical engineering skills ideally from and Aerospace background, but from any field with transferrable skills - mechanism design, machined parts, composite structures, vacuum formed plastics etc.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture and assembly.
- Good oral and written communication - must be a competent user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Self-motivated and capable of independent decision making and managing time to meet project schedule
- A proven track record of effective design and on time/cost delivery of projects
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...