- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Matchtech's client, a leading mechanical engineering manufacturer, has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer on a 18 month FTC at their site in Portsmouth.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing and sustaining robust manufacturing processes, providing technical support to production and leading continuous improvement / lean manufacturing initiatives in a mechanical assembly environment.
Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer / Engineering / Manufacturing / Production / Mechanical / Industrial / Assembly / Lean / Continuous Improvement
- The Manufacturing Engineer will develop and maintains robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
- Promote culture of continuous improvement. Apply lean manufacturing techniques to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer's expectations.
- As Manufacturing Engineer you will provide technical expertise and problem solving support to the mechanical assembly unit
- Design and develops facility layout and process organisation to optimize efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Manufacturing / Production environment experience
- Mechanical assembly exposure essential
- Demonstrable knowledge of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement (Six sigma educated would be desirable)
- Degree level qualified in a Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent education desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.