- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client a leading water sector specialist are looking for an production technician to assist in assembly/test/packaging of products in their Factory, in Woolston/Southampton. Start ASAP. Basic Electrical/Mechanical understanding is desired.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that our products are assembled, tested & packed correctly, and meet the quality expectations of our customers.
Reports to Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensure that product assembly and test is always carried out safely and in accordance with the company's Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions, Health & Safety legislation and Environmental Standards
- Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete assembly and test of our products and accessories and prepare products for shipment
- Work with the Production Engineer to identify opportunities for process improvements and solve production problems.
- Manage Inventory following established guidelines and procedures including receiving goods.
- Labelling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities to fill kits or bins, delivering parts to work areas and recording and communicating inventory levels. Maintain accurate stock records and perform stock counts as required.
- Test and repair warranty returns and report findings
- Maintain a clean and organised work area.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is with the "Right First Time- Every Time" philosophy
- Occasional "out of hours" overtime working may be required to complete specific tasks.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by developing strong working relationships with colleagues and management.
- You will have had relevant assembly experience within a precision mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly environment
- An ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings, work instructions and test documentation
- Technical knowledge of how to properly perform each operation in our production area, including use of the manufacturing equipment, tools and the production steps.
- Understand and keep up-to-date With company policies, procedures, health & safety regulations and plans and ensure they are followed
- Excellent attention to detail with good PC skills
- Must be willing to learn and practice lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, kaizen, kanban and more and use these tools to assist with continuous improvement
- A team player who has the ability to work independently when required
- Experience in meeting delivery targets
- Experience in packing products for overseas shipment.
- Accurate with basic numeracy skills
Location - Factory, Woolston,
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.