- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Substation CAD Design Technician
Due to an increase in workload for the coming year, our client is looking for an experience CAD technician who has experience working on civil projects to join the team.
Responsible for production of drawings in accordance with designs produced by Civil and Cable Engineers, in compliance with company standard code of practice and as well as relevant European code of practice and CDM regulations.
- Undertake sub-station and cable route drawings in line with the standards and company Code of Practice.
- Liaise with specific engineers regarding drawing requirements, as and when appropriate to ensure technical information supplied is correctly interpreted onto the drawings
- Responsible for Document Control of drawings produced
- Supporting assurance and audit processes
- Complying with the requirements of the designer as determined by the CDM Regulations 2015
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Be familiar with and adhere to Quality Assurance procedures and company drawing standards at all times.
- Proficient in the use of the Revit/BIM software
- Proficient in the use Bentley Microstation CAD package and ProjectWise drawing/document management system (with at least 3 years experience). Specifically:
- The ability to create, open, edit and close complex two-dimensional drawings using Bentley MicroStation V8 and preferably XM
- To use many of the additional features of MicroStation including cells, levels, locks, tags, snaps, models, sheets, patterns, dimensions, references, scanned images, level symbology, etc.
- To be able to use our drawing management system - Bentley ProjectWise
- To understand and apply the drawing conventions appropriate to the type of drawing - i.e. civil symbols
- Previous working experience on electrical infrastructure would be beneficial
- A thorough grounding in IT technology and Microsoft Office software
- The ability to find additional information as required from the internet or intranet
- Good safety culture and understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations and their application in this role
- Ability to work unsupervised and comply with targets set for allocated tasks.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 procedures relevant to the teams' activities would be beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills, and be competent in written and oral communications
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.