- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Excellent opportunity for a proven test and validation engineer in an automotive environment. Automated and manual testing of Hardware and Software, C/C++ and ideally CAN tools.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify effective test strategies for a given component/system and create test plans accordingly.
- Run manual and automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
- Maintain detailed 'bug lists', document issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
- Analyse existing / Create new Functional specifications and other systems related documents to a high standard.
- Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
- Conduct whole bike practical tests according to the company standard test procedures.
- 'End Of Line' configuration, database control/management/creation as required.
- Rolling out of software updates to bikes and issue tracking.
Essential skill requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Proven relevant experience in either development or test automation roles.
- Experience in creating software test plans and defining manual and automated black box test cases.
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software point of view.
- Proficiency in C or C++.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, combined with a passion for testing systems thoroughly and suggesting improvements.
- An inquisitive and creative mind, to allow the exploration of unusual test scenarios which are beyond what is expected of the system / users.
Desirable skill requirements:
- Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
- Strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Previous experience in an automotive testing environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems