- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Outfitting Draughtsman Marine
Outfit Draughtsman required for Port Glasgw and Southampton (not BAE)
We have an opportunity for an outfit Draughtsman to join a shipyard and another consultancy
Experience as a draughtsman/CAD operator or technician who has prior experience within shipbuilding projects is the ideal.
The role includes:
- Prepare Outfit drawings to class/flag requirements in support of vessel design, vessel upgrades and modifications.
- Create and/or make modifications of drawings and plans.
- Ensure accuracy of work for client submission, drawing approval and for construction.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other disciplines on new design requirements, design interference checks and design changes.
- Ensure drawing packages are delivered within the project time schedule.
We are looking for those with:
- Experience of outfitting drawings; including accommodation layouts, structural fire protection, insulation and deck covering plans.
- Experience of outfit steel drawings; foundations and secondary steel.
- An excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and engineering skills.
- Experience of working and interpreting outfit drawings.
- Possess initiative and good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently on challenging projects that may have tight timelines.
- Have the ability to provide technical support to Production from enquiry stage to completion.
- Use of 3d CAD
- Experience of ship design, including, layout and budget estimation.
- Time served in a shipyard or similar field activity where design for fabrication was undertaken.
- Familiarity with Classification Society and IMO rules and regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...