- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
My client, a local authority in South Wales are looking for a Building Surveyor on a 3-6 Month contract inside of IR35.
Suitable candidates who are conversant with Local Authority type buildings of a Non Domestic nature (not housing). Buildings to include Schools, Homes for the Elderly, Day Centres Leisure Centres, Theatres and Offices.
The temporary position is intended to cover staff sickness for a period of approx 3 to 6 months.
35 hr/week, fixed start/finish 8.30 to 4.30 or 5.00 depending upon length of lunch taken.
Duties to cover:
- Day to day reactive maintenance of building types listed
- Site condition surveys
- Client liaison to compile project brief
- Design and specification of refurbishment projects varying in value from £2k to £250k
- Preparation of tender documents and procurement of competitive tenders
- Site supervision of works
- Contract management - incl Contract meetings Financial control of project
- Assessing contractor invoice claims (both interim and final account) and submission of valuation for approval/payment
- Handover of completed works to client
Candidates to hold a full driving licence and be able to travel within the Council's geographical boundary.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Building surveyor
- UK government commits to £22 million Construction Skills Fund
To meet the growing demand for construction professionals, the UK government has invested £22 million in a Construction Skil...
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...