- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is seeking to appoint an Engineering & Design Manager to head up their design teams on the Yorkshire Water framework.
The Design & Engineering Manager is to lead all aspects of temporary works across the Company to assist in developing effective customer solutions whilst controlling overall risk levels. This includes managing the in-house design teams, carrying out design for both temporary and permanent works, and appointment of staff to key temporary works related roles. The role also involves leading the development of the company's Engineering Management Systems, including design management.
Lead and develop in-house design team
- Manage design team on day-to-day basis, allocating work between the team accordingly
- Ensure professional standards are maintained for all designs and check work
- Act as mentor or coach to members of team
Lead temporary work & engineering systems and processes
- Maintain and develop company temporary works and engineering and design procedures
- Specify company standards for technical training and competence
- Undertake technical assessments of design organisations and subcontractors undertaking design
- Develop and communicate best practice
- Own the company's ICE training scheme and appointment of SCE's & DE's
- Develop and promote technical best practice and research and development
- Participate in industry temporary works forums
- Provide support to Business Development and Proposals teams
Key measures & targets:
- Timely, effective solutions to support tender and site teams
- Manage the in-house design team and associated costs within budget
- Engineers achieving professional membership of ICE
- Delivery of technical papers to internal and external forums
- Business Unit teams
- Temporary works co-ordinators
- Supply chain function
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- In depth experience of temporary works design and use
- Chartered civil or structural engineer
- Experience of design management and delivery for permanent works
- Experience of managing teams and developing/mentoring staff in Temporary Works roles
- Ability to develop and communicate best practice
- Ability to work and communicate confidently and effectively
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
- Company car/car allowance
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 2 x notional salary
- Single persons private medical cover
- Permanent Health Cover
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?