- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Building Control Surveyor
Domestic, Commercial and Major Projects
Purpose of the Job:
- To be responsible to the Manager of Building Control, or the Head of Planning when acting as proxy for the Manager, for ensuring that all the requirements relating to building control are carried out in an economic, effective, efficient and equitable manner by the Building Control team.
- To ensure fulfilment of the Council's duties with regard to building control across the Borough, resulting from the following legislative and corporate responsibilities:
- the Building Act 1984 and associated Regulations
- the London Building Acts (Amendment) Act 1939 including dangerous structure,
- professional advice and business development associated with building control, and
- other areas of the building industry that may become relevant to the role.
- To ensure that services provided by Building Control to external clients, bodies and partners and the Council are delivered to the highest standard.
Before applying please consider that you will be expected to have:
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory framework for the provision of the Building Control function.
- Up-to-date knowledge of building control related technical matters including traditional techniques and continually strives for knowledge of innovative techniques.
- Specialist knowledge of building control related subjects including fire engineering, energy efficiency, access audits, structural appraisal and the like.
- Background in pre-application negotiation and capacity to secure work.
- Excellent plan checking skills of large complex projects.
- Capable of carrying out risk based assessment for the purposes of operating an effective site inspection regime.
- Demonstrated background of dangerous structures assessment and directing emergency works.
For further info/Job Description please contact Jerone Elson using the details listed or apply today.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...