- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Systems Engineer
My client, a global specialist in energy management and automation, is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join their Process Automation team.
This role will be based mainly at their Coventry offices, although you will be expected to travel to customer sites, or one of their other Process Automation offices (in Crawley or Warrington).
The Process Automation team delivers solutions to customers to run hybrid and continuous processes in a safe and efficient manner, combining automation, software and world class execution. Process Automation systems and solutions have been tested in the world's largest and most demanding oil, gas, chemicals, power, food, beverage, water treatment, life sciences and mining operations.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with SCADA, ideally ClearSCADA. Currently the work is mainly telemetry.
- Experience making alterations to existing systems.
- Demonstration of leading a team.
- Designing and programming control systems from scratch is ideal.
- Up to 45k
- Annual bonus, pension
- Life assurance
- 28 days' annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Progression opportunities
You will be responsible for the technical delivery of solutions within our project delivery teams:
- Take the lead role for the provision and delivery of technical solutions to time, quality and budget.
- Take responsibility for timely reporting of issues, progress and resolutions on project matters.
- Undertake multi-disciplinary engineering roles required throughout the full project lifecycle including both office and customer site based.
- Identify and assess project risks and issues with the ability to reduce impact or likelihood.
- Identify and capitalise on project opportunities.
- Liaise and collaborate with customers on engineering matters, acting as a subject expert.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers to develop their professional skills enabling successful project delivery.
- Liaise and collaborate with other areas of the organisation as required to progress the business. This to include other engineering departments, sales and services. Preparation and approval of all required system documentation.
Working in a team environment, reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, you will be passionate about delivering complex engineering solutions to the highest level of customer satisfaction. This challenging and interactive role is suited to a candidate who is methodical, possesses excellent attention to detail, together with great interpersonal and communication skills. You will work well under pressure and be self-motivated, representing our business both internally and externally with our clients. In addition, there are great opportunities to mentor and support our Systems Engineers, developing their capabilities and interactions. You will be flexible and able to work from both company and customer sites as required.
MIT: Lead, SCADA, Telemetry
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.