- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Engineer - Barrow-In-Furness - 12 Month contract - £42.51 p/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rate also available upon request.
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will be responsible for the Design Co-ordination / Review / Management of a large scale engineering project for one of our significant facility / infrastructure projects (located on a Nuclear licensed site) as part of the Barrow Site redevelopment.
- Circa 20 years' experience in the design, design management and construction of major construction facilities and infrastructure. Within the defence industry advantageous.
- Nuclear projects experience advantageous.
- Management and integration of multi-disciplined engineering teams; leadership of engineering resources, delivery of packages of work/services, involving new products and/or complex upgrades, utilising new and existing technologies, requiring multiple interfaces with customers/suppliers.
- Delivery of projects to meet customer and contractual obligations for cost, quality, timeliness and specification, resolution of engineering conflicts between disciplines, systems and capabilities.
- Integration and solution development to meet a coherent and prioritised set of demands, tailor and apply engineering processes, tools and approaches to develop innovative and creative solutions to contracts and specifications.
- Requires depth of understanding of how sub function engineering is organised and structured, how different engineering disciplines are integrated. Requires good understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards.
- Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through development and delivery phases.
- Perform appropriate engineering planning, management and review activities to ensure Products are integrated, safe, fully compliant and delivered within agreed requirements for cost, quality, time and schedule.
- Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured.
- Review the processes and procedures within the span of control to reduce waste, improve efficiency and establish a dynamic and flexible best in class capability.
- Interface and influence internal and external (customer and other stakeholders) such that product offerings meet requirements and specifications.
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all engineering policies is maintained.
- Sign off for design, legal and technical requirements for a project or service. Design Reviews and/or technical bid reviews for minor projects and provide significant contribution to larger projects.
- Determine the Engineering Lifecycle Maturity Gates, with maturity targets aligned to the Project's objectives and recorded in the appropriate management plan and agreed with the EM, in accordance with the Engineering Strategy.Degree qualified from one of the following disciplines:-
- Mechanical Engineer
- Must be a Chartered Engineer recognised by the Engineering Council.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.