- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
ITS Senior Technician
Our Essex based client is seeking a Senior ITS Technician to be responsible for supporting Engineers in the operation of ITS fault monitoring, fault reporting, and asset management/repair services across highways throughout Essex.
As this role is an intermediate post between Technician and full Engineer, it is expected that a Senior Technician may be responsible for sole delivery of smaller scale tasks from time to time, possibly reporting directly to the Team Leader. Other responsibilities of the role include:
- To provide ITS technical support to the carriageway resurfacing programme in respect of loop detection repairs on the ITS asset together with the replacement of ITS infrastructure following RTCs/third-party damage.
- To prepare required works instruction and supporting pre-construction health & safety documentation in order for SCPs to undertake works on the network.
- Raising Permit requests for works together with liaison with the Essex Permit Team in order to obtain the necessary permissions to undertake ITS equipment repairs on the network.
- Produce/review traffic management proposals to ensure works are carried out safely to local and national standards.
- To liaise with contractors (civil works contractors, signal maintenance contractors, and power suppliers), instructing work where necessary and monitoring performance.
- To assist with day-to-day delivery of the traffic signal/ ITS maintenance services including support to the ITS Fault Monitoring and Fault Desk operation.
- To help plan, organise and monitor traffic signal/ITS operations inclusive of periodic inspections.
- To liaise with Essex County Council's Contact Centre regarding customer queries relating to traffic signal faults, asset enquiries and other ITS maintenance issues.
- To assist in updating and maintaining the ITS asset records.
- Undertake ITS data analysis and produce reports as required.
- To assist with providing progress and ITS maintenance contract performance information as required.
- Undertake site visits as and when required.
The successful candidate will be epxted to have the following competencies:
- Evidence of completion of tasks/projects to required quality, programme and budget.
- Evidence of skills to demonstrate the ability to work logically to solve problems.
- Awareness of health and safety legislation ideally gained in a highways environment.
- Confident in seeking clarification of task requirements and instructions given.
The following competencies are not essential, but are desireable:
- Relevant experience of working in traffic signals/ITS, highways or experience in a related technical role.
- Ability to manage Supply Chain Partners/contractors in the delivery of works.
- Relevant qualifications in an engineering-related discipline and evidence of training and development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.