- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Water Network Engineer / Modeller (Adoptions) - Cardiff
My client are currently recruiting for a Network Engineer/Modeller to help lead the design assessment, modelling review and inspection of the water and waste water distribution networks and off-site points of supply and discharge.
- Ensure that water, surface water, waste water assets including pumping stations and rising mains are designed, installed and maintained to industry lead standards. Including design review to the latest sewers for adoption standard, system modelling and hydraulic analysis and construction detail assessment.
- To undertake technical assessments of water and wastewater infrastructure designs, support in the production of Section104 agreements, support in suitable on site supervision and assist with the adoption of the networks.
- To support the Network Adoption Manager to ensure infrastructure assets are adopted in line with corporate policy so that they can be operated and maintained by the Asset Team as "fit for purpose" and in accordance with current industry best practice and water and wastewater regulations.
- To undertake water supply and waste water modelling of proposed networks to ensure fit for purpose.
- Work closely with the construction and asset management teams, ensuring a smooth transition from construction to adoption.
- Liaise with incumbent water companies on the delivery of 'off-site' bulk supply and discharge connections. Providing advice and technical knowledge to respond to project delays, issues and other challenges throughout the project delivery.
- Work with the Asset Team in developing asset adoption and maintenance strategies for inclusion within capital development plans.
- Support in delivering cost effective measures to benefit the management and operation of water and waste water assets enabling IWNL to:
- Mitigate the risk of financial penalties being imposed by OFWAT
- Demonstrate compliance with best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with current Water Industry Regulations, group policies, British and International standards, industry codes of practice and safety procedures.
- Seek and embrace opportunities to adopt new technologies to maximise financial and operational benefits.
- Other duties as defined by the business that fall within the general experience scope of the individual, which may include work on behalf of other operating divisions from time to time.
- Hold a suitable recognised engineering or scientific qualification.
- Be Chartered or near Chartered in a suitable discipline.
- Experience in the wastewater industry in relation to below ground asset design and installation.
- Project management skills associated with project delivery.
- Very good IT skills.
- The ability to produce technical documents and process improvement documentation.
- The ability to work independently in order to deliver agreed objectives.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven design ability and ability to communicate this to all team members.
- Water Supply and Wastewater Network Modelling experience.
- Capable of working with and delivering connection and discharge solutions with incumbent water companies.
- Strong attention to detail at all times, and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must have a working knowledge of current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications, Codes of Practice and recommendations relating to Water and Waste Water assets.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.