- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Works Coordination And Permitting Officer
To assist the Principal Works coordination Officers to set or approve proposed conditions on permits for works on the TLRN, in order to reduce disruption to network operation.
- Review permitting applications and conditions and issue permits
- Carry out assessments of the nature, location, timing and duration of works and other activities and events affecting the TLRN, identifying potential for interaction and conflict
- Undertake effective and timely day-to-day liaison and information exchange with all promoters of works, utilities and other highway authorities in order to ensure works impacts are understood and effectively managed
- Negotiate with, and if necessary instruct, promoters of works to reschedule works in order to prevent work conflicts
- Decide on appropriate use of statutory controls for minimising disruption, in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA), including directions for controlling works timing, challenges of works duration and assignment of specific conditions to permits
- Proactively seek out opportunities for coordination success, such as shared traffic management, trench sharing and other opportunities for collaborative working
- Liaise closely across the Planned Interventions team and externally with other street authorities, to ensure informed and effective coordination of all works having crossboundary impacts
- Be responsible for monitoring day-to-day works promoter compliance and performance, identifying and resolving non-compliances and performance issues and reporting on significant or ongoing issues to the Principal Works Coordination Officer
- Ensure that all notices and permit applications for works are assessed and responded to within the timescales required by the TMA, NRSWA and London Permit Scheme
- Carry out timely communication and liaison with partner groups, including London Buses, London Streets Traffic Control Centre (LSTCC), the police and other highway authorities so that all parties are able to act to expedite the movement of traffic on the TLRN and neighbouring networks and minimise inconvenience to all road users.
- Carry out assessment of impact arising from proposed works and seek to mitigate disruption
- Assist in dealing with enquiries and correspondence from the public, politicians and other stakeholders
- Deputise for the Principal Works Coordination Officer as required
- Willingness to work out of hours as appropriate
The post holder will have responsibility for making daily coordination decisions, including appropriate use of statutory controls, consequences of which directly affect the experience of the travelling public. The post holder will negotiate with works promoters on a daily basis to ensure disruption caused by works and inconvenience to all road users is minimised. The post holder will refer significant or ongoing performance issues to their line manager with recommendations for appropriate action.
Main Working Relationships
The post holder works closely with staff across the Planned Interventions team, particularly with managers, other coordinators and with inspectors; daily contact with staff across works promoting organisations; daily liaison and communications with internal and external stakeholders and partner groups including London Buses, LSTCC, the police and other highway authorities.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
- A BTEC ONC or higher in a civil engineering subject or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- NRSWA Noticing (City & Guilds) accreditation (desirable)
- In-depth understanding of noticing and coordination procedures defined within the TMA, NRSWA and the Code of Practice for the Coordination of Street Works and Works for Road Purposes and Related Matters and the London Permit Scheme.
- A good understanding of the statutory framework governing works
- Knowledge and understanding of the nature of the road network
- Experience in the area of highway engineering/street works coordination
- Experience of successfully working to targets and tight deadlines
- A broad understanding and experience of the principles and practice of road and street works activities and methodology.
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of traffic management and a broad understanding of traffic signals operation.
- Experience of representing and organisation in dealing with other organisations and stakeholders.
- Numerate and computer literate with MS Office experience, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of operating EToN and highway management computer software packages in common use within the industry.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.